Essentials of Medicinal Cannabis: What Practitioners Need to Know
Date: Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 September 2018
Venue: Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, 88 Broadway, Chippendale, Sydney, NSW 2008
Includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on both days.
Full terms and conditions for event registrations can be read here.
A two-day interactive course designed for medical and allied healthcare practitioners focussed on evidence-based medicinal cannabis: its uses, prescribing, herb-drug interactions and other safety issues. Whether you want to prescribe or just want to be informed, this course is a must for responsible doctors and allied healthcare practitioners.
Course features US medicinal cannabis expert Dr Jeffrey Hergenrather MD and a host of Australian medical and allied health practitioners and academics with expertise and experience in medicinal cannabis.
This course will be beneficial for medical practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, Chinese medicine practitioners and naturopaths/western herbal medicine practitioners. Completing this course will help healthcare practitioners understand many of the common clinical applications, how to prescribe, and how to ensure patients are safe.
At the end of this course, attendees should be able to:
- Safely and appropriately prescribe a range of medicinal cannabis formulations and products
- Debate the evidence base and clearly communicate to a range of stakeholders the rationale for the use of medicinal cannabis
- Communicate information to patients using a range of mediums that answer commonly asked questions and concerns about medicinal cannabis
- Describe a range of support groups, professional networks and reliable information sources available within the field of medicinal cannabis
- Apply for authorised prescriber approval under the TGA Authorised Prescriber Scheme (medical practitioners only)